JOIN US IN THE EXCITEMENT!
Currently serving Children and Families in Central and Northern NJ
Unlocked Potential: Life Beyond Limitations
Unlocked Potential is on a mission to open a community center specifically for children and families effected by Developmental Disabilities. The goal in this endeavor is to create a welcoming and integrated environment for families that is fun, year round, and fills some of the gaps families may experience when having a child with special needs.
Our goal is to open a center in Perth Amboy, NJ (Woodbridge border) that is approximately 4,500 sq feet, safe, and somewhere families would want to spend time. Ideally there are 5 key components that this space would have (aside from an upbeat atmosphere):
1. an indoor, sensory friendly playground area
2. a parent lounge for parent support groups and for caretakers to grab a breather every now and then
3. a multiuse room where groups and agency meetings can take place
4. a quiet space
5. good sized bathrooms and wheelchair accessibility to the facility
Programs and Amenities we have dreams of providing:
1. Drop In Center (after school, evenings, weekends)
2. Parent Space (a relaxing room for parents)
3. Groups: Art Group, Social Skills, Sibling Groups, etc
4. Activities: Yoga, Dance Parties, Movies, etc
5. Birthday Parties
6. Job Site for older youth working on Vocational Goals (DD Specific)
7. Friends Groups (community youth joining us to hang out for social skill development)
8. Date Night!! (Youth Group/Child Care offerings to allow some caretaker respite - up to 2 Friday evenings per month)
9. Gap week programming when school is out of session
10. Parent Advisory Committee to help develop the center even further
In order to make this happen, we need your help! Please consider making a contribution to our project to see this vision come to reality. Initially, funds raised will go to obtaining and developing the center. After that, funds will be used for scholarships and to reduce the monthly cost of membership for each family.